Over time, Kansas City water heaters accumulate rust and sediment that reduce their ability to heat water. Eventually, an unmaintained water heater will operate inefficiently and potentially be damaged beyond repair. This is especially true if you have hard water in your home. To prevent the premature failure of your water heater, call Bob Hamilton for annual water heater maintenance.
WATER HEATER MAINTENANCE COUPONS AND SPECIAL OFFERS
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
Tankless water heaters in Kansas City are growing in popularity. Although they don’t have a tank, they have filters and lines that require regular maintenance to keep them working reliably. Since tankless water heaters are more complex and are more easily damaged if not serviced correctly, we recommend having an experienced plumbing technician from Bob Hamilton Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning service your tankless water heater.
Do It Yourself
If you prefer to perform this maintenance yourself, there are a few steps you can take to keep your tankless or conventional water heater in good working condition. For instructions on water heater maintenance, read, watch, or listen to our helpful how-to instructions!
Water Heater Safety Tips
- Keep your water heater away from any combustibles.
- If your water heater overheats or begins spewing steam, cut it off at the breaker box. Never attempt to stop it at the tank, never attempt to add cool water to the tank and never try to cool it by spraying it with a hose.
- If you smell gas, leave the house immediately and call the fire department.
- If your water heater is in the garage, elevate it at least 18 inches off of the ground to protect it from fumes.
- The service life of a temperature and pressure valve is usually around 3 years. Even if it looks fine from the outside, have it inspected by a professional. The T & P Valve is an important safety feature.
Homeowner Winter Tips- Kansas City
05 Feb 2019
Homeowners in Kansas City are get
#Arctic Blast#electrical outage#furnace#generator#HVAC#Kansas City#power outage