Kansas City Furnace Installation & KC Heat Pump Installation

When most of us think about where carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning comes from we think of the gas furnace. You’re right. However, the furnace is just one of many appliances in your home that can produce deadly carbon monoxide. The fireplace, water heater, stove, oven and even your automobile idling in the garage can contribute to fatal levels of CO in your home.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced when fossil fuels including coal, wood, gas and oil are burned. Safety systems are in place to exhaust this dangerous gas from your home but when one of these systems fails, or the appliance is in disrepair the result can be deadly.

Protect your family by having carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home by Bob Hamilton.

When a CO detector senses unsafe levels of the gas are in the air an alarm is sounds so you can proceed to safety. Bob Hamilton recommends placing multiple units throughout your home and hard wiring them directly to your home’s electrical system.

It is important to remember that even though you replace your batteries every year, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors only have a lifespan of about 5 years. Just because the alarm beeps when you test it, doesn’t mean it’s still functioning properly. Over time, the detector wears and will not sense any poison in the air.

Take the simple steps now to avoid the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Call Bob Hamilton today.

Education Corner

READ

LISTEN

READ &
SUBMIT
REVIEWS